LibriVox Turns Four
Today is LibriVox’s 4th birthday. LibriVox is a kooky kind of project with the following objective:
To make all books in the public domain available, for free, in audio format on the internet.
Some statistics, as of today:
- Total number of projects: 3113
- Number of completed projects: 2556
- Number of completed non-English projects: 364
- Total number of languages: 29
- Number of languages with a completed work: 26
- Number of completed solo projects: 1214
- Number of readers: 3094
- …who have completed something: 2867
Total recorded time in all rss-ified works: 49596721 seconds, or 574 days, 0 hours, 52 minutes, and 1 seconds. Total of 50774 sections.
If you have a soft spot in your heart for LibriVox, perhaps you might consider leaving a little message on the blog, or the forum.
Or even better, perhaps you might help us record a few chapters of public domain texts? …