365 Days of LibriVox Audio
This past weekend, LibriVox reached an extraordinary milestone: our catalog now contains 365 days worth of free, public domain audiobooks. So, if you started to listen to the catalog today, spending 24-hours-a-day with your headphones, it would take you a full year to listen to our entire current catalog. By which time, you’ll have hours and hours of new audio from LibriVox to entertain and enlighten you. In our three year existence we have produced an extraordinary average of 8-hours-a-day of audiobooks, all read by volunteers, all made available for free. Our catalog is currently at 1,826 works, in 26 different languages.
In the past week alone we’ve released numerous wonderful recordings, including:
- Flatland: A Romance of Many Dimensions, by Edwin Abbott Abbott
- Middlemarch, by George Eliot
- Münchhausen, by Gottfried August Bürger (German)
- Capital: A Critical Analysis of Capitalist Production, Volume 1, by Karl Max
- Les Trois mousquetaires, by Alexandre Dumas (French)
Perhaps you’d like to come help us record more?