LibriVox 115 and 1500
LibriVox, the all-volunteer audiobook project, just cataloged it’s 1,500th book, James Baldwin’s children’s history book, Four Great Americans. This milestone was reached during the record-breaking month of May, when LibriVox released 115 (!) audiobooks into the public domain, or almost four per day. Some gems from the catalog include:
- Enviro/sci-fi/horror surprise, Greener Than You Think, by Ward Moore
- Cervantes’ Don Quixote, in Spanish and English
- Dream Psychology, by Sigmund Freud
- Tree-swinging favorite, Tarzan of the Apes by Edgar Rice Burroughs
- The beautiful Japanese zenish masterpiece, Book of Tea, by Okakura Kakuzo
- Cosmological page-turner, Relativity: The Special and General Theory, by Albert Einstein.
- John Stuart Mill’s handbook for ethical philosophizing, Utilitarianism
- Rudyard Kipling’s Indian adventure yarn, Kim
- Supercomupter scifi classic, The Cosmic Computer, by H. Beam Piper
- Voltaire’s Candide, en francais, bien sur.
Find out how to volunteer here.